Christopher J Kelly is a senior attorney in Cravath’s Corporate Department. He has a broad banking practice, with experience in syndicated lending, finance and related matters for both financial lending institutions and corporate borrowers.
Mr. Kelly’s clients have included:
• JP Morgan Securities LLC, as arranger, and JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA, as administrative agent, for various senior secured financing transactions, including acquisition financing in connection with the acquisition by The Kraft Group and Schwarz Partners of New-Indy Containerboard LLC; the acquisition by Onex Partners of The Warranty Group, In.; the acquisition by Golden Gate Capital of Extensity and Aspect Software; and asset-based working capital financing for USG Corporation;
• Credit Suisse Securities (USA) Inc, as arranger, and Credit Suisse AG, as administrative agent, for various senior secured financing transactions, including acquisition financing in connection with the acquisition by Ares Management LLC and the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board of Neiman Marcus Inc; the acquisition by Ares Management of Insight Global Inc; and asset-based working capital financing for PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.;
• Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, as arranger, and Bank of America, NA, as administrative agent, in connection with senior secured financing for an investment by MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings, Inc. in Scientific Games Corporation;
• Steven Spielberg in connection with obtaining start-up financing for his DreamWorks II film production studio;
• Biovail Corporation in connection with the senior secured financing of its merger-of-equals with Valeant Pharmaceuticals International;
• Ashland Inc in connection with the senior secured financing of its acquisition of International Specialty Products Inc; and
• Crown Castle International Corp. and Blount, Inc. in connection with the refinancing of their respective senior secured credit facilities.
Mr Kelly was born in Mount Kisco, New York. He received a BA summa cum laude from Columbia University in 1996, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and a JD from Harvard Law School in 1999, where he was supervising editor of the Journal on Legislation. Mr Kelly joined Cravath in 1999 and was elected a senior attorney in 2009.
Mr Kelly may be reached by phone at +1-212-474-1406 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP have contributed to:
View all 8 contributions from Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP