Hikmet graduated from Marmara University Faculty of Law (Istanbul) in 2000 and was admitted to the Istanbul Bar Association in 2002. He has an LLM degree from the University of Amsterdam on International Trade Law and a PhD degree from Yeditepe University Faculty of Law (Istanbul).
Hikmet worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Istanbul as a senior lawyer between 2001 and 2004. Later on, he established Koyuncuoğlu & Köksal Law Firm in 2005.
Hikmet has a wide experience in commercial litigation, distribution matters (market access) and competition law. He is currently the strategic advisor of prominent global and local firms. He also advised Turkish Ministry of Health during the first public private partnership project in Turkey initiated in the healthcare sector.
He is a vice president at Istanbul Bar Association Consumer Rights and Competition Law Center and also lecturer in several universities of Istanbul. He is also the franchising country expert for Turkey at the International Distribution Institute based in Turin.
1. Hikmet Koyuncuoğlu, Evaluation of the Issues Arising from the Practices with regards to the Financial Leasing Contract – In the Light of the new Regulations on Financial Leasing, Oniki Levha Publications, Istanbul, 2015.
1. Hikmet Koyuncuoğlu, The Discussion of “Law Compatible with the Realities of the Society” in view of the Sexual Maturity Age of the Children, Journal of Istanbul Bar Association, Issue:91, January-February 2017, p.241-248.
2. Hikmet Koyuncuoğlu, Regulations on Post Non-Competition Terms, Journal of the Union of Turkish Bar Association, Issue:111, March-April 2014, p. 447-456.
3. Hikmet Koyuncuoğlu, Fines for Cartels Awarded by the Competition Board and the Consumers, Journal of Istanbul Bar Association Special Issue on the Consumer Law and Competition Law Volume: 88, Special Issue: 1, 2014, p. 223-228.
4. Hikmet Koyuncuoğlu/Zeynep Özkul, Unfair Competition Regulation under the Turkish Commercial Code and the Consumer Law, Journal of Istanbul Bar Association Special Issue on the Consumer Law and Competition Law, Volume: 88, Special Issue: 1, 2014, s. 211-222.
Published Panel Moderation
1. Panel on the “Turkish Competition Board Decision on Banks and Private Damage Collection”, held on 11.11.2016 at the Conference Hall of Istanbul Courts, Istanbul Bar Association Publication, 2017.